Hair Transplant NYC
Strategic Options for Hair Transplants
Hair loss or thinning hair can be devastating, especially when it happens early in life. It can impact your confidence both socially and professionally. What if there was a safe, effective way to revitalize your appearance by restoring a healthy head of hair, improving your quality of life? Hair transplant in NYC with Dr. Jacono is an innovative and transformative solution for thinning hair that is worth exploring.
What is Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation in NYC is performed by surgically removing healthy hair follicles from the back of the scalp and placing them in areas marked by hair loss, typically on the top and the front of the head. Once transplanted, these donor follicles continue to grow new hairs over the course of the patient’s life.
What causes Hair Loss?
Since hair is always in the process of growing, a person can lose up to about 100 hairs a day without it being noticeable. If the hair follicles are compromised, however, new hair is not replenishing the lost hairs, and over time the scalp will thin or go bald.
Hair loss can be the result of many different factors, including:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Scalp infection
- Medical conditions
- Medications and supplements
- Poor nutrition
- Tight hairstyles
What are the Different Methods of Extracting Donor Hair?
FUT: Follicular Unit Transplant is a method of removing a strip of hair follicles from the back of the head. The surface area of the strip will depend on the amount of coverage needed in balding areas. Typically this procedure works best for those who suffer from a receding hairline. The surgery takes around 6-8 hours and is performed under local anesthesia. Results become visible within 6-9 months.
FUE: Follicular Unit Extraction involves transplanting individually harvested hair follicles into areas where balding has begun. With this method, there is almost no scarring left behind and results look highly natural. The procedure is performed over the course of several days in 2-4 hour blocks. Patients typically see hair regrowth occur within 3-4 months post-op. You may not be a candidate for FUE if you don’t have an adequate supply of thick, healthy hairs to donate.
NeoGraft: NeoGraft is a type of automated FUE process, which takes much less time than manual FUE. Donor hair follicles are painlessly removed using a suction-based handheld device. The system is known to reduce trauma to the follicles and ensure a higher rate of follicle survival than with FUE or FUT.
Before & Afters
This male patient was unhappy with his receding hairline and male pattern baldness. Dr. Jacono performed hair transplant procedures.
The after photo is 1 year post-op and you can see the difference with his new hairline and fuller head of hair.
Hair Growth Occurs in 4 Stages:
- Anagen phase – The anagen phase is the growth phase. Hair grows about half an inch per month (more in the summer). The length of your hair will be determined by your genetics and overall health. Some people of Asian descent can grow as much as 36 inches of hair over the course of 7 years!
- Catagen phase – After the anagen phase, your hair begins the catagen phase, lasting about 10 days total. During this period, the body signals to the hair follicles to stop the growth process.
- Telogen phase – The telogen phase is a resting period that lasts typically 3 months. 10-15% of hair follicles are in the telogen phase at any given time. New hairs begin pushing out the old, dead hairs.
- Exogen phase – This is the shedding phase of hair growth, during which 50-150 hairs fall out per day. After the exogen phase, hair follicles return to the beginning of the cycle, the anagen phase
What are the Benefits of Getting a Hair Transplant in NYC?
- Improved appearance: Hair restoration can significantly improve a person’s sense of confidence in how they look, making them more secure and successful in everyday interactions and giving them a new lease on life.
- Hair transplants have long-lasting results: Unlike topical hair serums, medications or wigs, hair transplant results are a permanent, hassle-free solution for thinning hair or balding. The procedure makes it easy for you to just go about living your life to the fullest, no longer having to wear hats or avoid swimming.
- High rate of patient satisfaction: Hair transplant is known as a safe, effective, and successful method of replenishing lost hair. The procedure can help to remedy balding, receding hairlines, thinning hair, and bald spots permanently.
- Low maintenance: Unlike creams, serums, injections, pills, or special shampoos, hair transplant need only be undergone once with long-lasting results, making it among the most low maintenance hair restoration treatments available. You will be able to brush, comb, style, and wash your transplanted hair just as you would your original hair.
- Cost-effective: While hair transplant might require more upfront costs, in the long run, it is less expensive than other types of hair restoration that require continuous payments for recurring products or in-office sessions.
How Much Do Hair Transplants Cost?
The cost of hair transplantation is an essential consideration for anyone seeking hair replacement options. The cost of a procedure is as individual as the patient and his or her hair loss. The cost of your hair transplant procedure is determined on a “per graft” basis according to your individual hair replacement needs.
Your Custom Hair Restoration Procedure in NYC
Follicular unit extraction FUT is more expensive per graft than when a thin strip method is used to remove the hair follicles in a strip of scalp and then dissect them under the microscope. The cost of your hair transplant depends mostly on how many grafts you need, but there are many factors to consider for a successful hair transplantation procedure. Generally, hair transplant costs can range anywhere from $4,000 to $20,000.
Many patients find financing a convenient, affordable way to get the hair restoration procedure they want right now. Financing options are available through third-party credit agencies. Dr. Jacono is not affiliated with any of these agencies and does not make recommendations for or against any of them. His staff will help you apply and qualify through Chase HealthCare Finance, CareCredit, and other organizations they work with.
FAQs About Hair Transplantation in NYC
Why choose Dr. Jacono for hair transplants?
Dr. Jacono, a double board-certified plastic surgeon, relies on a minimally invasive, cutting edge hair restoration approach that beautifully restores the scalp, improving your confidence and total well being. He has performed some of the best hair transplants in NYC for over a decade, garnering tremendous expertise and skill in this delicate, complex cosmetic field. Dr. Jacono is a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS) and completed an advanced one-year fellowship program with the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Will my new hair require special care?
Maintenance for your newly transplanted hair will be about the same as with your older hair. The new hair can be washed, dyed, cut, shaved or styled as you wish.
Is hair restoration painful?
Some clients compare hair transplants to a routine dental checkup in terms of discomfort levels. The doctor can always provide you with pain medications, but most clients don’t need them for more than a few hours following their procedure.
How soon after a hair transplant treatment can I dye my hair?
It is best for you to wait at least 2 weeks after your hair transplant to color the hair, just to ensure the proper amount of healing ensues before adding any chemicals into the mix.
What can I expect from recovery after my procedure?
Clients will be able to return to work, school and other normal activities the day after their treatment, taking care to avoid strenuous exercise and heavy lifting for 7-10 days post-op. You may experience some minor crusting on the scalp, which can be removed during a shampoo several days after your appointment.
You will find that the transplanted hairs will shed around 2 to 4 weeks after surgery, but the follicles will remain behind and over time your healthy, full hair will grow back. It may take up to 3-6 months to witness the full cycle of hair growth, with your outcome continuing to improve over 12-15 months post-op.